Why Vitamin Angels?
Did you know two doses of Vitamin A per year can significantly benefit the health and survival of children at risk with a life threatening condition? Vitamin Angels is a charity whose mission is to help at-risk populations in need. Pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. Vitamin Angels reaches more than 52 million children and mothers in need in 66 countries worldwide.
How It All Began
When we started Maty’s, we knew one of our top priorities was to give back since we had been so blessed. But when we began looking for a charity to give to each year, we wanted to make sure we were picking the right one for us. It took weeks of thinking of a charity that made sense for us, but no one seemed like the perfect fit. So we put it on the backburner for awhile.
Months later we were attending a trade show for Maty’s. One night after working all day, we decided to go out to grab a quick bite to eat. Without a reservation, we had to wait to be seated. We began talking to the people sitting next to us, and discovered they were the President and Vice President of a global charity called Vitamin Angels. We connected so quickly, we knew right then and there this was the charity for Maty’s.
What we love about Vitamin Angels:
• Malnutrition is the #1 cause of preventable child deaths. Vitamin Angels takes a simple, natural approach to keeping children alive every day.
• Vitamin Angels not only helps children in the United States but children all over the world who don’t have the resources they need to stay healthy.
• 90% of the money they profit goes to the people they are helping.
• They team up with local non-profits to help the people of global areas.
• Their mission is to get children and mothers healthy, just like Maty’s.
• A donation of 25 cents can help keep a child alive.
To find out more about Vitamin Angels or to donate, visit their website.
Tell all your friends!